Umbrella is seeking to appoint up to three new Trustees to join our board.
At Umbrella we enable children and young adults to realise their full potential in an integrated society. We are looking for skilled and supportive people to join our Board of Trustees.
Umbrella needs Trustees who can bring the experience, insights and passion to help us realise our potential and build a sustainable future. We want people who can bring creative and different ideas to help us continue to develop, including a new building project.
We are looking to extend our strong Board of Trustees, in the following areas, though we welcome applications from all sectors:
• Understanding and active use of digital media
• Experience of marketing and promotion of an organisation
• Understanding of the particular needs of BAME Communities
• Legal expertise
• Financial expertise
Additionally, our Trustees must:
• Share the commitment and values of Umbrella
• Be able to create strong working relationships.
• Communicate clearly and concisely; being prepared to listen to others and recognise different viewpoints
• Be committed to helping create a diverse and inclusive Charity; demonstrating an accepting and positive regard for others
• Empathy with the families we support – experience of disability would be an advantage
The Trustee roles are voluntary and unremunerated.
Duration: 3 Year term, potential to extend by 3 years. Location: Mackworth, Derby
Time Commitment: Bi-monthly board meetings and attendance at board away days (maximum one day per year). There is an expectation that Trustees will also contribute and play an active role in Board sub groups, and other relevant events where they will act as ambassadors of Umbrella.
We welcome expressions of interest in the form of a one A4 page outline of why you want to join Umbrella and the skills and experience which you would bring to the board. Applications should be sent to Umbrella’s Chief Executive, Ann Rowlands at email@example.com. For an informal chat about the roles please call Ann on (01332) 521229.
Closing Date: 30 March 2020
We want our Trustees to be representative of diverse communities so we actively encourage applications from ethnic minorities, disabled people and anyone who identifies as part of a community that is under-represented in the charity.