Umbrella’s services for adults
Umbrella Adults’ Services is a unique personalised service for 18-30 year olds and is facilitated by trained, experienced and committed staff team. All services:
- are delivered on the basis of an individual care plan, agreed with the young adult and their family, based on the needs of the young adult
- aim to achieve identified goals in areas that support independence and develop life skills such as; making choices, keeping healthy, using public transport, personal safety, relationships, communication, social skills, behavior, managing money, cooking etc
- are co-ordinated with other support services by working with young adults and their families, as well as professionals in education, health and social care, to ensure support can be achieved safely and to meet care and development needs
- are planned with the active participation of the young adults
- offer opportunities to meet and socialise with peers of a similar age, encouraging friendships to develop within and outside Umbrella
- provide exciting and challenging opportunities to develop new skills and interests. We work closely with a wide range of providers to deliver dedicated activities including pet therapy, music sessions, yoga, specialist dance classes and adaptive cycling to name a few
- give young adults opportunities to be part of the wider community including educational or learning activities, social events, fitness and leisure activities
In addition the young adults’ service is able to:
- deliver activities that explicitly focus on independent living and develop the necessary skills to move into independent or supported living such as; meal planning and preparation, shopping, budgeting, household task and personal care
- provide supported access to courses that ensure learning and development goals are achieved and recognised, working in partnership with local training providers
- offer opportunities for volunteering experiences in partnership with external providers or as part of smaller enterprise projects established by Umbrella including our allotment area
As a result young adults will achieve their personal goals, as set out in their personal plan. Achievements are recognised through the Umbrella Outcomes Framework and celebrated through an annual award ceremony, including the Dan Richardson award and the presentation of accredited training certificates and Umbrella awards.
Umbrella provides two broad levels of service:
- TEAM provides support to young adults with high level needs, in the home, in a group setting or on an individual basis (enhanced service if on frameworks)
- INDE supports young adults with moderate needs within a group setting only (standard service if on frameworks)
The Adults Service can be accessed through direct payments or personal budgets, Community Lives Day Services Framework (County), or can be self-funded. All services are agreed on the basis of individual need and are personalised to the individual young person. Services must be booked in advance. Currently group support runs:
- Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm weekly
- Saturday 10am-4pm weekly
- Sunday 10am – 3pm fortnightly
- Mondays evening 4pm-8pm weekly
- Wednesday 6pm-9pm weekly
- Services outside of the groups (such as 1:1 in the community or in the home) can run on any day at any reasonable time with prior agreement and subject to staffing availability
- Services are agreed on the basis of need and funding available (TEAM/INDE or frameworks), staffing availability and the current structure of individual groups
- Charges will be made for non-attendance if insufficient notice is given, as set out in the terms and conditions in our contract of agreement.
- Umbrella is currently unable to provide transport in normal circumstances. Any exceptional circumstances are assessed on an individual basis.
For more information or to discuss a service request please contact our single point of access on 01332 785658.